On Thu, May 10, 2007, Jess el tuty wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I used X509_get_subject_name() function to parse a binary X509v3
> certificate, my problem is that I don´t know whats the format of the byte
> array that this function returns.

It isn't a byte array. It is an X509_NAME structure.

> The common name of my certificate has the char "Ü", and the functions
> returns the hexadecimal coding of this chararcter as: "ff ff ff dc". I think
> that it isn´t a UTF-8 char... but I don´t know what coding is this, neither
> how to convert it to UTF-8...
>
> Anyone could help me?

Use the X509_NAME functions to retrieve the commonName field as an
X509_NAME_ENTRY structure. Then the field value as an ASN1_STRING. Finally
from that you can get UTF8 format using ASN1_STRING_to_UTF8().

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.