Hi Folks !

I am using the openssl-0.9.8b. My application racoon which is a key
management software for the IPsec uses openssl to read the self-siged
certificates.

Every time my certificate is read, I'm asked for the pass phrase "Enter the
PEM pass phrase"
I always enter the password : abcd

I want to get rid of this prompt, so I used the tar ball of this version of
openssl and right before after this prompt I did a strcpy ( to the string
which actually reads the user input) to avoid reading the string entered
from the keyboard.

But the things are not working. My application is still asking for the
password.

I did, after the addition of strcpy:

1. rpm -e openssl ( to install the already installed openssl-0.9.8b)
2 ./config
3 make
4 make test
5 make install

Also, I'm facing the error:
unable to find libopenssl.so.6 and my linux mahine ( FC6, kernel 2.6.18) is
not booting properly ( the GUI doesnot appear)

Please help. I know there is missing in the above 5 steps ( related to
libraries) ..but not sure. Please help.

---
Warm regards,
Rajat