Hello,

I loaded the key file into the SSL_CTX and that
appeared to work i.e client.key. Is this correct?
I used the book and thought that CERTFILE,client.pem
was being used in the
function:SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file.

  if
(SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file(ctx,CERTFILE,SSL_FILETYPE_PEM)!=1)
        {
            ERR_print_errors_fp(stderr);
           printf("Error loading private key file!");
        }

Thanks,
Garyc

--- gary clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I managed to get past the problem of loading the
> certificate:
>
> I am now calling the below:
>   if
> (SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file(  if
(SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file(ctx,CERTFILE,SSL_FILETYPE_PEM)!=1)
        {
            ERR_print_errors_fp(stderr);
           printf("Error loading private key file!");
        }>
> I see the following error:
>
> error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start
> line.\crypto\pem\pem_lib.c"647 Expecting: ANY
> PRIVATE
> KEY
>
> I must apologise for any inconvenience on this in
> advance. I'm just learning to crawl at the moment.
>
> Thanks,
> Garyc
>
> --- gary clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > My Bad. I missed the SSL_library_init() call.
> >
> > Sorry.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Garyc
> > --- david kine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Did you call
> > > "SSL_library_init()","SSL_load_error_strings()",
> > > etc.?
> > >
> > > gary clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
> > >
> > > After performing the following:
> > >
> > > SSL_CTX * ctx =
> > SSL_CTX_new(SSLv23_client_method());
> > >
> > > Huh! Dumped the result of theh failure and
> > > errorcode.
> > >
> > > The ctx value is:
> > >
> > > ctx=0x0
> > >
> > > OPENSSL_Uplink(100EA000,07): no OPENSSL_Applink
> > >
> > > The above failure of
> ERR_print_errors_fp(stderr);
> > >
> > > Could somebody be so kind to enlighten me on
> what
> > > I'm
> > > doing wrong?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Garyc

> > > SSL_CTX_new(SSLv23_client_method());

> it

> > Network
> > > server
> like

> version.
> > > I'm
> attempting
> the
> /dev/random
> > > what

> > the
> the
> > use?

> (SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file(ctx,CERTFILE)

(SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file(ctx,CERTFILE,SSL_FILETYPE_PEM)!=1)

> > openssl-users@openssl.org
> > > Automated List Manager [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > > Bored stiff? Loosen up...
> > > Download and play hundreds of games for free on
> > > Yahoo! Games.

> > openssl-users@openssl.org
> > Automated List Manager

=== message truncated ===