--On Samstag, Juni 09, 2007 06:24:06 -0400 Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

1. I am aware the input and output will work upon binary data, this isn't
a problem for me.
OK

2. I suppose I am not entirely aware of all potential pitfalls.
Perhaps you should look into a book about cryptography and what it
contains about RSA...

3. When working with hex data, BN_hex2bn would always segfault. My
assumption was that the object needed to be extended to the proper size
first.

No. BN_hex2bn does that.

What do you get with an:

  const char *hex = "0123456789ABCDEF";
  BIGNUM     *bn  = NULL; /* you could a bn = BN_new(); here... */

  int ret = BN_hex2bn(&bn,hex);

Even if this code is untested, it should work...

Bye

Goetz

--
DMCA: The greed of the few outweights the freedom of the many