Hi All,

       I am using openssl.0.9.8c on RH Enterprise Linux (kernel release
2.6.9-42.ELsmp).

       I tried for writing an unencrypted and encrypted private key using-

             PEM_write_PKCS8PrivateKey(key_f1, pkey, NULL, NULL, 0, NULL,
NULL);
            .
            .
            .
            PEM_write_PKCS8PrivateKey(key_f2, pkey, EVP_des_ede3_cbc(),
pass_str, sizeof(pass_str), NULL, NULL);

       Though the first one worked fine writing unencrypted key, the second
is only returning with empty RSA headers.
       I also tried to change the cipher which is being said to be working
well (I referred:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg10455.html) but still
ended with only the headers.

        Are there any issues like using selective ciphers for this
(PEM_write_PKCS8PrivateKey()) api.?

        Thanks - in - advance

Regards,
Navin