On Mon, Jun 25, 2007, Janet N wrote:

> Hi I am having difficulties using openssl to verify the signature using my
> dsa-public key, any help is appreciated!
>
> sign data using private key:
> 1) openssl rsautl -sign -in sign.txt -inkey userkey.pem -out sig
>
> Verify signature with public key got syntax error:
> 2) openssl rsautl -verify -in sig -pubin dsacert.pem
> Usage: rsautl [options]

There is no equivalent utility to "rsautl" for DSA keys. The equivalent
functionality is in "pkeyutl" but that is only present in OpenSSL 0.9.9-dev.

You don't normally sign raw data with a private key anyway. Normally the data
is digested and the digest is signed. There is a utility to perform the
combined digest+sign (and digest+verify) function: it is 'dgst'.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.