David Schwartz wrote:
What I want to know is how do I tell OpenSSL that it is okay to do some
processing of socket data but not block even with blocking sockets?

You are asking for the impossible. There is no way to be sure a socket
operation will not block other than to set the socket non-blocking. Much
code has broken horribly due to not understanding this simple fact.

DS

Platform:  Windows.

MSDN Library documents select() as being exactly as I describe:

(See the description of when readfds returns).

So now that the matter you describe has been cleared up, answer the question.

--
Thomas Hruska