Hi,

I've wrote myself an server application that basically allows people
to connect (it uses non blocking IO) and echoes text they sent to the
server.

I am testing the server with openssl s_client utility.

Everything works as expected till the time when renegotiation comes
(you can force it with "R" command in the s_client). In most cases it
seems that it works correctly, but there is a special case that makes
s_client to disconnect with an error message:

RENEGOTIATING
16428:error:140940F5:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:unexpected
record:s3_pkt.c:1207:

That _only_ happens when renegotiation has happened before server
echoed sent text.

Example 1: working scenario ("R" is the input, rest is the output)

RENEGOTIATING
depth=0 /C=XX/ST=nowhere/O=anonymous
organization/OU=server/CN=server/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
[cut]

Example 2: not working scenario ("OOOOOOO\nRRRRRR" is the input)
OOOOOOO
RRRRRR
RENEGOTIATING
16520:error:140940F5:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:unexpected
record:s3_pkt.c:1207:

Probably here s_client waits for a renegotiation packet, but all it
gets is a echoed "OOOOOO..." string.

Could anyone point me where to look for the solution for this problem?

Thanks!
Grzegorz Rusin