Hi,

Is it possible to give answer of "Sign the certificate? [y/n]:"question to
openssl command with some parameters? I prefer "y" option.

Does openssl accepts "y" option with the following command by default?

openssl ca -batch -key 123456 -config openssl.cnf -out new-cert.pem -infiles
new-req.pem

Sincerelly,
Kadir.

Marek Marcola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hello,
> I solved the problem. I used "-batch" parameter with openssl with the
> following command. Now I wonder what is the answers of the questions
> (Sign the certificate? [y/n]:"). How can I learn which option [y/n]
> (yes/no)  is used?
In OpenSSL source file apps/ca.c look at 'batch' variable, you will
find something like that:

    if (!batch)
        {

        BIO_printf(bio_err,"Sign the certificate? [y/n]:");
        (void)BIO_flush(bio_err);
        buf[0]='\0';
        fgets(buf,sizeof(buf)-1,stdin);
        if (!((buf[0] == 'y') || (buf[0] == 'Y')))
            {
            BIO_printf(bio_err,"CERTIFICATE WILL NOT BE CERTIFIED\n");
            ok=0;
            goto err;
            }
        }

as you see, any string starting with 'y' or 'Y' will accept signing.

Best regards,
--
Marek Marcola