-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rodney Thayer
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:47 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: Are there any CA packages that support XMLRPC?

Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On 13/09/2007, Rodney Thayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Why XMLRPC instead of any of the existing online enrollment protocols?
>
> Well, the main reason is that, like it or not, XMLRPC is developing into
> a kind of lingua franca when it comes to interoperability. The easy
> availablity of TLS for this path is an obvious plus.

I think that's a reasonable view.  the "RPC" aspect of it is
outrageously insecure but it's certainly all the rage.

>> Not that I am trying to defend the existing online enrollment protocols,
>> mind you...
>
> Well, if there is anything that works in a secure and reliable way, I am
> all ears :)

There's CMP which has only a few implementations (and none open source
that I can find), and there's SCEP which has some commercial
implementations (and no open source ones that I can find.)

>> What CLIENT do you think would interoperate with such a CA, should it
>> exist?
>
> A self-baked one.

Fair enough.  If there were something out there that one were
trying to interoperate with that would of course be interesting.

http://comodopartners.com/api

lh..