>From what I can tell the extensions are just not being added to my
certificate.

I see no indication the extensions were added in the output of the
following command ...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:Active] ssl.crt # openssl x509 -in
btesting.bx05.com.crt -noout -text
Certificate:
        Version: 1 (0x0)
        Serial Number:
            84:36:1d:d4:d4:8b:a6:4d
        Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSAEncryption
        Issuer: C=US, ST=xx, L=xx, O=xx, OU=IT, CN=btesting.bx05.aa.com
        Validity
            Not Before: Sep 19 20:55:41 2007 GMT
            Not After : Sep 18 20:55:41 2008 GMT
        Subject: C=US, ST=xx, L=xx, O=xxxxxxxxxxxx, OU=IT,
CN=btesting.bx05..com
        Subject Public Key Info:
            Public Key Algorithm: rsaEncryption
            RSA Public Key: (1024 bit)
                Modulus (1024 bit):
                Exponent: 65537 (0x10001)
    Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSAEncryption

Here is my configuration file.

[ req ]
default_bits            = 1024
default_md              = sha1
#default_keyfile         = key1
distinguished_name      = req_distinguished_name
prompt                  = no
string_mask             = nombstr
req_extensions          = v3_req

[ req_distinguished_name ]
countryName             = US
stateOrProvinceName     = xx
localityName            = xx
organizationName        = xx
organizationalUnitName  = IT
commonName              = btesting.bx05.com
emailAddress            = [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[ v3_req ]
basicConstraints        = CA:FALSE
keyUsage                = nonRepudiation, digitalSignature,
keyEncipherment

subjectAltName          = @alt_names

[ alt_names ]
DNS.1 = btesting.bx05.com
DNS.1 = biptst.bx05.com

Does anyone know why the extensions are not being included?

Thanks,
David