I have a private CA certificate created using openssl command line. The
issue is that the certificate expires on 19th Oct, 2007. The question is
that "Is it possible to extend the expiry of this certificate without
changing any other fields in the certificate?" Basically, I want to continue
using this CA Cert to sign end-user certs for a longer time.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Use the same key and the same DN and the cert will continue
to act as a valid CA for any other certs you have signed.

However, any site that has cached your CA cert will have
to get the new one.  Theirs will expire soon.

Jim