On 10/30/07, Dave Bound  wrote:
> >> Not everyone can use the default build of OpenSSL.
> Can you point me at some docs which will allow me to ascertain whether I
> fall into the 'not everyone' category?

One thing to consider is if you want to include the patented ciphers
in your build, such as RC5, and IDEA. If you are in USA you may need
to pay royalities to the owners of these ciphers if you use them. Many
people disable these when building OpenSSL libraries, by using
something like "perl Configure VC-WIN32 no-idea no-rc5". MDC2 was also
patented, but the patent expired earlier this year.

I suggest you build your own library files (libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll), and
within your application you should include all the source files found
in \include\openssl\ in order to use the libraries.

As far as an installer deployment, it is very simple to add the two
DLL library files to an existing InstallShield or Wise installer
installation, and these files can be placed in the same directory as
your main application. There is no need to "register" these DLL's in
Windows.

-Chris