So I'm using openssl to encrypt and decrypt rpms for safe distribution. I've create a C program which basically searches the file system and decrypts matching encrypted rpms. Problem I'm running into is that in the event the user creates a similar matching filename, the openssl decryption fails, but still creates the output filename. Is there anyway to have it not create the output file on an error during decryption.
I'm using this command to decrypt

Is there a safer way of doing this. Its just because after I decrypt the encrypted file, I display its meta-tag, and because its not a valid RPM since the decryption failed, shows garbage.

Thanks
Mathew