Hello,

I was asked to update some RHEL 4 boxes, for security patches.
They are running RHEL 4.4 and I thought, "Oh, very easy",  I went to
run up2date to grab what I needed just to find out there's not a
current license for RHEL.

So I decided to build from source.....

First of all my experience is limited with building from source.
However, I got everything working on several boxes except one.

I've complied Apache 2.0.61 with --enable-so --enable-ssl
--with-ssl=/path/of/new/build  to force Apache to use the new version
of openssl that I built.
On 3 boxes after doing the above, if I open the browser and point to
"server-status" I get "Apache 2.0.61 / mod_ssl 2.0.61 / OpenSSL.9.8g /
PHP.5.25 etc."

on the troubled box I get "Apache 2.0.61 / mod_ssl 2.0.61 / port /
PHP.5.25  ---What is "port" ?

If I create a quick phpinfo page, under the "Apache Environment" is
states  "SSL_VERSION_LIBRARY" - PORT.
I read somewhere that OpenSSL 9.8 wasn't meant for Apache 2.0.x so I
recomplied everything and used openssl.9.7m
and now I don't even get the "SSL_VERSION_LIBRARY" field.   However,
all certificates work etc.

On the other servers under "Apache Environment" is states
"SSL_VERSION_LIBRARY" - OpenSSL.9.8g

If I'm specifically stating to use a certain patch (--with-ssl=/path)
shouldn't it use what it finds? It has on the other boxes.

Sorry for such a long post, I'm very new to the whole openssl and I
couldn't find any docs on the website for compiling etc.
plus I didn't want to be that guy that just says help!. hah

Thanks.