On Wed, Dec 19, 2007, Jacob Barrett wrote:

> I am unable to compile the FIPS module on an Intel Mac because the Configure
> script incorrectly adds the -DB_ENDIAN flag to the cc args. I have changed
> it for now in the Configure script, but fear that invalidates the FIPS
> security policy. Any help is much appriciated.
>
> Can this be overcome within the terms of the security policy or am I SOL on
> Intel Macs?

No you can't change anything at all in the validate source so you are SOL.

> If it isn't too late, can it get fixed before the 1.1.2 and 1.2 versions are
> released?

Version 1.1.2 could only address the recently mentioned issues and nothing else.

This should be fixed in 1.2 but while that has been submitted it is some way
from being validated. Check out:

ftp://ftp.openssl.org/snapshot/openssl-fips-test-1.2.0.tar.gz

For a test version of the 1.2 module. That is NOT validated and is for testing
purposes only. It will have minor changes before the final validated version
is released.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.