Jacob Barrett wrote:

2) Does fipsld have to be used or could I, within the spirit of the security
policy, make my own fipsld of sorts that compiles fipspre_main.c with gcc
and links with g++?

The Security Policy does not require that the fipsld utility provided with the distribution be used as-is, only that the integrity of fipscanister.o be verified at application link time with respect to fipscanister.o.sha1. So yes, you can perform that double link in another equivalent fashion.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
Open Source Software Institute