Hi!

>    The same code does not work i.e. opening the certificate files, when I
>    try to execute from a Windows NT Service (Ours is an application
>    running as a service and that service in turn acts as a TCP server
>    which will open SSL ports for communication with client)
>
>    The same set of APIs and certificates does not work
>    (SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file & SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file) from
>    within a Windows NT service application).
>

>    Also, when I try to get the latest SSL error numbers using API
>    ERR_print_errors_fp, the entire application crashes.
>

>    I am looking out for any architectural issues with OpenSSL when
>    working with Windows NT service applications. If anyone has tried
>    implementing OpenSSL in a Windows NT service, any help in this regard
>    is highly appreciated.

I have found, in my own service development, that
current-working-directories are different when a service runs vs an
application.  My own service can also be started as a console app and
each is given a different working directory.  Consequently, you cannot
simply open "key.pem".  You have to either _chdir() or open the file
with the full path.

Also, when running as a service you dont have a stdout, stderr, and
stdin.  In my service, I redirected my output to a logfile.
Alternatively, the event log is another logical choice.

Bobby