From: JCA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Feb 3, 2008 9:44 AM
Subject: An OpenSSL server with NULL cipher support
To: openssl-users@openssl.org

    I am trying to use the openssl command line utility in order to
launch an SSL server supporting the NULL encryption cipher (I am
trying to debug a simple SSL client.) To that effect, I launch openssl
as follows:

    # openssl s_server -accept 443 -nocert -WWW -cipher 'ALL:NULL'

The client is proposing the following ciphersuites:

  TLS_RSA_WITH_NULL_SHA
  TLS_RSA_WITH_NULL_MD5

But the server does not like this at all :-( It always replies with

20962:error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no shared
cipher:s3_srvr.c:974:

  Is there a simple way to achieve what I want? I am using OpenSSL
0.9.8e under Slackware 12, the OpenSSL having been compiled with NULL
cipher support.