Hi there,

Thanks for your help guys. And especially thanks for that info call back
routine - very handy!  :o)

I've found out what's going on. As David suggested, it has infact already
written a "client hello" and now wants to read the response. I simply
never thought to check if OpenSSL had put anything in the write-BIO when
handling a SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ response! I was expecting that OpenSSL
would first respond SSL_ERROR_WANT_WRITE when it wanted me to handle
something that it had written to the write-BIO. On reflection though, I
guess that would be less effecient.

I was wondering - where would you guys suggest I go to read up on OpenSSL
programming? I've been reading their manpages online at
    http://www.openssl.org/docs/
but to be honest, they're fairly complicated when you're new to OpenSSL!
And there are gaps in the documentation! I've ended up looking through
the source of jabberd, stunnel and a couple of others for clues! Surely
there must be better sites? Or good books?

Tim.

--
  www.waxworlds.org/edam