So I've got to interchange data with a Java-based environment.  I
believe their choice of libraries is with Bouncy Castle, which IIUC
implements a newer version of PKCS#7 called CMS.  We only have OpenSSL,
which uses PKCS#7 v1.5..

Does anyone have experience with these kinds of situations?  It has
been very time-consuming, and the parsing issues are a real PITA.
Right now we've got BC to read signed v1.5 objects but it barfs on
encrypted objects with a padding error.
--
https://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
I need a better strategy for being less analytical.