On Saturday 15 March 2008, Kyle Hamilton wrote:
> It's rather infeasable to keep the same private key and generate a new
> public key.  If you keep the private key after the expiration of the
> certificate, you can still decrypt messages encrypted to it; thus, if
> you generate a new pub/priv pair, you just need to keep the old key,
> and use all the keys you have to try to decrypt until one works.

Thanks Kyle,

Doesn't what you suggest create a headache?  Every time I want to decrypt an
old message I sent or I received, or a file, I will need to change the mail
client configuration and point it to another private key.  Keeping the same
key overcomes this problem.  Have I got this right?  Why is it not feasible
to retain the same private key?
--
Regards,
Mick