In my Linux application, previously I transferred a socket from a "host"
application to a spawned exec()'d application in a new process by passing
the socket handle on the command line. The child application would then
continue reading on the socket like normal. However, now I need to pass this
socket with SSL initialized on the host program and picked up by the spawned
application. The spawned application needs to continue to read and write
encrypted packets just like the host application was doing.

The vague idea I've gotten so far is that I need to somehow transfer the
SSL_SESSION to the new process. Examining the output of
SSL_SESSION_print_fp() I see that the session ID and master key change every
time SSL is initialized, so simply reinitializing the SSL library in the new
process won't do.

What do I have to do to let the child process use the host application's
secure socket? Is there some way I can dump the session to a file -- or
perhaps even fwrite SSL_SESSION itself -- and and load it up in the new
process, or do I need to do something else?

--
Jorge Rodriguez
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]