Ambarish Mitra wrote:
Hi Jimmy, Thanks for your response. Kindly find my thoughts inlined..

Question:
So, the question is: How can we generate a key for Triple DES encryption and
write out the same in a file?

Simple answer for 'how to generate a key for a symmetric cipher' is 'use a pseudo-random generator' to generate key/IV pairs of desired length.

--- This will be sufficient for my case. Is there a way to generate the same
from the command line,
or we have to generate in a program using "DES_random_key". I could not find a way to do from the command line.

$openssl rand -base64 <number of bytes>

-jb
--
Real computer scientists don't comment their code.  The identifiers are
so long they can't afford the disk space.