Thanks Marek for your comments!

When you say, session reuse improves the handshake performance, what factor?
If normal handshake takes 1 second, how long it will take to negotiate
session re-use?

What about the other issues such as memory leaks and security concerns with
session re-use?

Does anyone has any performance numbers on encrption with cipher suites
using AES / 3DES and others?

David, Here are more details -

I am running on HP NonStop system. It is an mainframe application. But I
dont think anybody would have performance number on this so I didn't
mentioned the platform. I am interested in knowing the gain factors on other
platforms so that I can co-relate those numbers on nonstop platform.
Currently it takes around 1 second of cpu time for handshake.

Kalyan, I would surely help you with the code snippet in C. Email me!

I am sorry these questions are really vague and not of challenge for the
technical personals. But I believe these are the questions any solution
developer or openssl user would have. Isn't the OpenSSL publishes any
numbers?