jimmy bahuleyan wrote:
Ion Scerbatiuc wrote:
Thank you for your reply!
I didn't find any refferences to CRYPTO_set_add_lock_callback() in openssl man pages nor the meaning of this functions/callbacks.
I didn't understand what does CRYPTO_add_lock () do.

CRYPTO_add_lock() does atomic additions (or subtractions). It isn't necessary to set CRYPTO_set_add_lock_callback(), in the absence of add_lock_callback it falls back on CRYPTO_lock(),_unlock() pair to do the job.

In your back trace, the code dies in CRYPTO_add_lock(). It could mean the pointer is bad. If you could do a disassembly of CRYPTO_add_lock in gdb, staring at the location of fault *could* point you to the source of error (CRYPTO_add_lock() being a small function).

Well, thinking about it, the first param to CRYPTO_add_lock() can't be bad (since it's &var). You could as well check if add_lock_callback has some (non-zero) value.

-jb
--
Real computer scientists don't comment their code.  The identifiers are
so long they can't afford the disk space.