Hi Shankar:

The functions in pkcs7.h look rather straightforward - I think the hint
you need is to not sign the data outside of the PKCS7 functions (don't
use RSA_sign), but instead, try using just the functions in pkcs7.h to
do what you want.

(I've never done what you're trying to do, so don't ask me for more
help, however, the above is how I'd go about tackling your problem).

Have fun.

Patrick.