If you only need to look at the HTTP traffic, I'd suggest you use a
local proxy and place it between your client and server.  This will
establish 2 SSL connections, I between the client and the proxy and a
second between the proxy and your server.  At the proxy, everything is
in the clear.  There are a bunch of good (and free) proxy's to do this
and keep a log of all the HTTP traffic they pass.  My favorite is burp:
http://portswigger.net/proxy/
OWASP also has WebScarab:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_WebScarab_Project
or even Paros: