From: Ariel Salomon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "openssl-users@openssl.org" <openssl-users@openssl.org>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 5:23:43 PM
Subject: Re: DTLS and multicast

hi Andrei,

   DTLS does not support multicast.  For multicast group security, you should
look into the IETF MSEC group standards for key distribution, which can be used
for SRTP.

  - Ariel

Andrei Iarus wrote:
   Hello,

Does DTLS support multicasting and if yes, does the OpenSSL implementation
support it? I need to secure some kind of RTP transmission that uses multicast.

Thank you.

--
 - Ariel Salomon / Senior Software Engineer
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) / www.rti.com

RTI - The Real-Time Middleware Experts