Da: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Per conto di [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Inviato: giovedì 26 giugno 2008 0.57
A: openssl-users@openssl.org
Oggetto: Re: From RSA to string and compare problem

Hello,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 06/25/2008 04:34:07 PM:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ha scritto:
> > Hello,
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 06/25/2008 04:10:45 PM:
> >

> >> Hi,
> >> i'm creating a little client/server program using C. i need to read a

> >> rsa from pem file (so using  PEM_read_RSAPublicKey) and then send the

> >> key to a server (the message can be only a string type) which reads a

> >> rsa public key from another pem file and return, comparing keys, is
are
> >> egual or not.
> >>
> > What about just reading your .pem file with simple read() to char
table
> > and send this to server ?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > Marek Marcola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > Automated List Manager                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> Yes of course. But nothing more elegant ?
I do not think that in this case are more elegant solutions ...
.... but you can try:

You may create memory BIO:

BIO *mem;

if ((mem = BIO_new(BIO_s_mem())) == NULL) {
    goto err;
}

Write public key to this bio:

if (PEM_write_bio_PUBKEY(mem, key) == 0) {
    BIO_free(mem);
    goto err;
}

and read to buffer in PEM format:

if ((n = BIO_read(mem, buf, *len)) <= 0) {
    BIO_free(mem);
    goto err;
}
BIO_free(mem);

This code is not tested nor checked, hope this helps.

Best regards,
--
Marek Marcola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>