Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately i cannot use any other version of
openssl.  Up until now i have been working with the methods provided by
openssl as i described. i2d, ASN1* .

But now you say i have to create 4 new functions. I dont think 0.9.6 follows
the same nameing conventions as i dont see many *_asn1.c files.

May there be any code that is doing something similar to what i want so i
may take a look at?