From: David Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: DES-only OpenSSL version
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Fred Picher:

  For export regulations compliance I must dumb down
OpenSSL to use
only DES.  And that's only DES, no 3DES !  So I
got it down to:

Are you sure you aren't trying to comply with ancient
regulations that no
longer apply? It's been years since anyone I know of
has had to dumb their
products down that far. The United States has largely
accepted that if US
firms can't export strong crypto, the 'bad
guys' will just use crypto from
other nations or open source products.

DS

Leonard F. Elia III, CISSP     757.864.5009
Sr. System Administrator
ConITS - NASA Langley Research Center
NCI Information Systems, Inc., Hampton VA