> I have a problem that is *very* similar to the one listed here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg22288.html
>
> Unfortunately, that thread does not end in a resolution!
>
> Basically, I can't seem to connect to a particular AD server. Trying a
> "sample" connection with this does not work:
>
> openssl s_client -showcerts -connect the.ad.server.fqdn:636
>
> Fails!
>
> But if I add "-pause" "-debug" or "-ssl2" as an option, it DOES work.
>
> I have a lot of other problems, but after a lot of debugging, I think
> they all boil down to this one, so that's what I'm going to start
> with.
>
> Any help of any kind will be great. Thnaks!
>
> --
> Jeff Silverman
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm not sure how we could help you diagnose a problem connecting to "a
particular AD server" without any logs. Access to a server that replicates
the problem would be best, but detailed logs would be better than nothing.
Right now, the only problem description I have (other than another problem
involving a server I also cannot access) is that it "Fails".

DS