DS

Thank you for your response. I have checked the error code using
SSL_get_error.

I get an SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL (5)  return code, indicating an I/O, but the
error queue is empty. My application continues to function. It is fetching
an HTML document over an HTTPS connection.

My concern is that, since I reuse the SSL handle, I should wait for it to be
completely closed rather than potentially overlap HTTPS requests.
Occasionally my application hangs during an HTTPS request on a dual core
Inspiron when the HTTPS requests come one on the heels of another.

Can you tell me anything more about what sorts of conditions would cause an
SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL error?

Regards,
Solveig