Thanks for the suggestionb but the RAND_poll function already
pulls from the system right after the big #if 0 block as described
below in the stetup for the calls.....

        if (advapi)
                {
                /*
                 * If it's available, then it's available in both ANSI
                 * and UNICODE flavors even in Win9x, documentation
says.
                 * We favor Unicode...
                 */
                acquire = (CRYPTACQUIRECONTEXTW) GetProcAddress(advapi,
                        "CryptAcquireContextW");
                gen = (CRYPTGENRANDOM) GetProcAddress(advapi,
                        "CryptGenRandom");
                release = (CRYPTRELEASECONTEXT) GetProcAddress(advapi,
                        "CryptReleaseContext");
                }

So, still looking for other suggestions.

I also tried finding an EGD for Win NT 4.0 and the only one that looked
promising was EGADS which is no longer available.

Thanks Again for any suggestions,
Ray

> Hello,
> Why not grab some entropy from the system entropy provider?
>
> #include <wincrypt.h>
> bool GetSysEntropy(void *ptr, int len)
> {
>  char namebuf[512];
>  HCRYPTPROV handle;
>  DWORD count=500;
>
>  if(!CryptGetDefaultProvider(PROV_RSA_FULL, NULL,
CRYPT_MACHINE_DEFAULT,