Hi Sander,

I definitely did - now I do initialize all the static locks in OpenSSL *and* the
dynamic functions. But they are never called by the chil - the assert fails and
the SIGABRT is sent to my daemon forcing it to exit.

For some reason it seems the dynamic locking functions do not function properly,
I am trying to investigate further...

Anybody knows where can I find the patched OpenSSL version from nCipher ?

Later,
Max

P.S.: As this code is basically the same for every application, what about
integrating
a nice OPENSSL_init_pthread() function that will initiate all the static locks
and the
dynamic functions ? That would save *a lot of time* to many people.. :D If you
do not
use pthreads, then you might want to provide your own.. but at least 90% of
apps can
be safely ported to be multi threaded...

Sander Temme wrote:

You don't need that if you set the dynamic upcalls. Did you apply that patch?