Victor Duchovni ha scritto:
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:24:46PM +0100, Matteo Cazzador wrote:

Victor Duchovni ha scritto:
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 09:57:34PM +0100, Matteo Cazzador wrote:

is it possible to use charset like croatian or russian in the
common name field to generate a /pkcs12/ certificate?
Yes, you can use UTF8, which includes Russian and Croatian characters.

charset like iso-8859-2, windows-1250 so non standard ascii charset.
And if is it possible how i can do it?
You can't use language-specific encodings, you can only use ASCII or UTF8,
or in some cases T61 (similar to iso-8859-1) is also usable.

thank's a lot , excuse me for my insistence and my orrible english,
so i can only use utf8 encoding common name for est people?.
I must generate psk12 for croatian people
that send me particular charset (surname and name) and in must put it in cn for p12 creation. For me the charset problematic is relative because i come from italy and i use iso-8859-15.
So is the first time i try to solve it.
Ultimate consideration, if i use utf8, who use his p12 certificate, see correct charset ?

Correctly implemented certificate parsers will display UTF8 encodings to
the user in a way that the user can understand. The code-points are logically
the same regardless of the encoding. UTF-8 is the only non Latin encoding
supported with X.509 DirectoryNames (e.g. CN).

It's clear Thank's a lot !

Ing. Matteo Cazzador
NetLite Snc
di Gagliardi A. Cazzador M.