From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org
[mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org] On Behalf Of Eileen Tan
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 10:06 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Installation Problems

Hi,

I'm new to openssl & have recently downloaded openssl-0.9.8j.tar & had
tried installing it but encountered errors.
I've also installed "libiconv-1.11-sol10-sparc-local.gz" &
"gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local.gz"
Below are my steps:

# isainfo
sparcv9 sparc

# uname -a
SunOS training2 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200

# which gcc
/usr/local/bin/gcc

# ./Configure solaris-sparcv9-gcc
# make
# make install ---> here encountered the following errors:

cp: cannot access fipscanister.o
cp: cannot access fipscanister.o.sha1
*** Error code 2

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'
Current working directory /tmp/openssl-0.9.8j/fips
*** Error code 1

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install_sw'

Pls advice. Any advices/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Eileen