On Tue, Jan 20, 2009, joshi chandra wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have came across the error when i build openssl fips 1.2 for 64 bit .
>
> ./Configure fipscanisterbuild aix64-cc
>
> make was successful

Well other than that command line violating the security policy...

You may well have problems attempting to use the version of OpenSSL in the
FIPS 1.2 distribution due to its use of function pointers in a way gcc doesn't
like. The validated module doesn't use such pointers so that is OK. At the
time the tarball was submitted this wasn't an issue.

If you use the validated module with OpenSSL 0.9.8j this shouldn't happen.

Steve.