Hi,

Hodie XIII Kal. Mar. MMIX, özgür berksoy scripsit:
[...]
>            subjectAltName=URI:[1]http://�BOX_3:8080,DNS:�BOX_3
>
>        entry inside the cnf file, I get an error:
>
>            problems making Certificate Request
>            1188:error:0D07A07C:asn1 encoding
>    routines:ASN1_mbstring_ncopy:illegal
>    characters:.\crypto\asn1\a_mbstr.c:162:

That's normal, the \265 (I assume it's the UTF-8 U+00B5 character, for
the '�', or MICRO SIGN) is not a "PRINTABLE CHARACTER", and that's
what is allowed in an URI or DNSName.

>    Second problem is:
>
>        Is it possible to use the same '�' character with:
>
>            -subj /DC=�BOX_3
>
>        addition to the command ? When I try to do it I get the same errors in
>    the first problem.

For the same reason. If you try to use it in a CN field, it should
work.
Unfortunately, it transforms it into a T61STRING, and then can't
handle non ISO8859-1 characters.

--
Erwann ABALEA <erwann.aba...@keynectis.com>
-----