Hello all,

I have a general
query regarding FIPS mode. I am running an  simple openssl https server based
on
openssl that services https requests from window clients. I have the following
setting in my windows XP "Use FIPS comliant
algorithms for
encryption, hashing and signing set to 1" .
Using IE on a
windows xp client with the above setting i am able to communicate with a
openssl
command line https server. I dont have  FIPS enabled on my opessl command
line tool. Then how come i am able to handle requests from a windows machine
which has the FIPS setting to 1.

Now is it ok to say i am FIPS compliant on the server side becaause i am
handling FIPS requests from clients?

thanks in advance for your time.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/