  From: Kenneth Goldman
  To: openssl-users@openssl.org
  Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 8:26 PM
  Subject: Linking with mingw on Windows

  What's the linker format when using [gcc / mingw] on Windows?
  I am not using cygwin!

  I assume I should use the libraries in .../OpenSSL/lib/MinGW,
  but maybe not.

  I've tried
  -leay32
  -L"C:/program files/openssl/lib/mingw/libeay32.a"
  and even
  copying libeay32.a to libcrypto.a and
  -lcrypto

  I've linked in ssleay32.a as well. It's seeing the library file,
  because I get a file not found error if I spell the library name
  incorrectly. But it's not finding the functions.

  For all cases, I get errors of the form:

  c:107: undefined reference to `RSA_new'

  for all openssl function calls.

  --
  Ken Goldman kg...@watson.ibm.com