> I'm attempting to establish an SSL connection, where everything
> seems OK until SSL_connect, which returns -1. error is set to 11,
> and perror() gives "Resource temporarily unavailable."
> ERR_error_string rather useless output:
> error:00000002:lib(0):func(0):system lib, even though both
> SSL_load_error_strings() and ERR_load_crypto_strings() have been called.

What operating system? Is this a blocking or a non-blocking socket?

The documentation says to call SSL_get_error in this case. Why are you
checking 'errno'? Did something tell you to?

It is almost always an error to check 'errno' unless specifically directed
to. Some functions will internally get errors but then handle those errors,
leaving 'errno' with a junk value. Unless the documentation of some function
tells you that it sets 'errno' to a meaningful value in a particular case,
assume it is meaningless. Nothing in the documentation for a -1 return from
'SSL_connect' says to check 'errno'.

DS