Hi.

I just want to know how to create a certificate for windows xp , For I tried a lot of time, there always some error that makes me unknown where the mistake was made by me!

  1. Prepare certificate signature request (CSR).
  2. Send the CSR to your certification authority (CA).
  3. Get back a brand new certificate from your CA.

  You need to decide/implement the following:

1. Whether you want a self-signed certificate, certificate signed by an external CA (and which one), or whether you want to set up your own CA. 2. Decide what you need the certificate for, i.e. what certificate extensions you need in your certificate. 3. Decide how to construct your CSR, e.g using OpenSSL command-line utilities.

And now the list of options/ways to implement 'what you need' would go on indefinitely... since you did not specify precisely enough what you need. I can think of at least 30 different certificate uses on 'Windows XP', each requiring a different procedure.

If you want a self-signed certificate or to set up your own quick-and-dirty CA, I suggest you take a look at the EasyRSA scripts included in the OpenVPN distribution. And if you want something else - it might do you good to contact your CA for more detailed information.

  Hope this helps.

  Best regards,
    Jurko Gospodnetić