On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 00:54 -0700, starfish Trousers wrote:
> Hi Kyle, thanks for the reply.
>
> I did make my entire openssl but still fail. I have libssl.a and
> libcrypto.a but it is in different path and folder. How about
> lib/libssl? i dont have it.

There is no lib directory in the OpenSSL source tree.  What makes
you think there should be?

If you run config with defaults, make, and make install, you will
have a /usr/local/ssl directory containing bin, lib, include, and
some other subdirectories.  Put /usr/local/ssl/bin early in your
path, and the CA capability you're looking for will then be available
via "openssl ca ...".  On Fedora, which you say you're running, this
just works.  There should not be any need to add links in order to
get it to work.

Note that Linux systems normally come with their own version of
OpenSSL, usually one that's older than the latest from openssl.org.
It is fairly simple to operate with multiple OpenSSL versions
installed, but you must keep them separate and pay attention to
$PATH and to -I and -L compiler switches.

Paul Allen