  From: Michael Lawson (mshindo)
  To: openssl-users@openssl.org
  Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:04 PM
  Subject: Bind Jamming Port

  Hey Guys,

  I have an application that creates using the openssl libraries under linux a
encrypted server. This works perfectly apart from one small bug, whenever I
close the application, either deliberately or though an unexpected error the
port becomes locked(I get bind errors if I try and start the server again) for
a time period, sometime spanning up to 10 minutes.

  Is there something I am missing or something I can do to stop this from
happening?

  --
  Michael