Hi:

I upgraded from Openssl 0.9.8g to 0.9.8j. Our client interfaces to a
picky SSL server implementation in JAVA, version currently unknown.

With openssl 0.9.8j the connection does not establish with this server.

Basically, the server does not respond to a client hello.

I dumped the client hello msg (thanks for providing the msg_callback routine)
sent out from 0.9.8j & 0.9.8g and there are differences in either the
cipher suite spec or compression method bytes at the end of the msg.

The cipher spec (identical in either case) is "kRSA+RSA+aRSA+AES+SHA".

Both are built with the no-zlib option.

Here is the dump:

0.9.8j
msg_cb(): 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x31 0x3 0x1
0x49 0xf1 0x56 0xe3 0x6f 0x5f 0x45 0x56
0x43 0x65 0x1a 0xcf 0x4d 0x97 0x78 0xbf
0xd8 0x9f 0x37 0xc7 0x5d 0x7b 0xc4 0x9d
0x03 0x12 0xe5 0x2b 0x42 0xc9 0xba 0x6a
0x00 0x00 0x04 0x00 0x35 0x00 0x2f 0x01
0x0 0x0 0x4 0x0 0x23 0x0 0x0

0.9.8g
msg_cb(): 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x2b 0x3 0x1
0x49 0xf1 0x32 0x5c 0x12 0xca 0xae 0xdf
0x60 0xb9 0xaa 0x56 0x79 0x67 0xcf 0xb5
0x50 0x80 0x44 0x4c 0x66 0x75 0x64 0xbe
0x5d 0x39 0x88 0x6e 0xda 0x52 0x12 0x5d
0x00 0x00 0x04 0x00 0x35 0x00 0x2f 0x01
0x00

Almost needless, but, a client and server both using 0.9.8j work.

Any pointers would help.

Thanks in advance
amit.