On Wed May 6 2009, Antonio Ragagnin wrote:
> Hi,
> I know the BN_mod_exp is optimized  to compute the exponential and
> modular combinations (it's what i have read!)
> i'm interested to see the algorytm instead it:
> becouse i have to calculate a^b^c^d..%mod (or some thing like this),
> at the time i iterate BN_exp to calculate one single exponent end next
> i do BN_mod_exp(r,a,exp,mod), unluckly is too slow,
>
> so, I would see (please!) the code of BN_mod_exp to modify it for my
> own use, but i don't find it!!

That sounds like a general answer would be to Google "Montgomery Multiplication"
It is also known as "Montgomery reduction" -
You can also find it hardware engines, such as the VIA cpu's with padlock
firmware.

As to where to find it in openssl - try just preprocessing the source - (gcc -E)
grep/search/read the result - that is the general way to find macro-ized
routines.

Mike