From: Richard Levitte [mailto:rich...@levitte.org]
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 4:23 AM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org; Richard Whalen; BércziGábor
Subject: Re: compiling 1.0.0-beta2 on OpenVMS

I wouldn't recommend that, it leads to very slow code last time I
tried.  However, if you look in [.crypto]crypto-lib.com, you'll find
the following lines:

$ ! Add definitions for no threads on OpenVMS 7.1 and higher
$ COMPILEWITH_CC3 = ",bss_rtcp,"
$ ! Disable the DOLLARID warning
$ COMPILEWITH_CC4 = ",a_utctm,bss_log,o_time,o_dir"
$ ! Disable disjoint optimization
$ COMPILEWITH_CC5 = ",md2_dgst,md4_dgst,md5_dgst,mdc2dgst," + -
                    "sha_dgst,sha1dgst,rmd_dgst,bf_enc,"
$ ! Disable the MIXLINKAGE warning
$ COMPILEWITH_CC6 = ",enc_read,set_key,"

I'm thinking that one might want to add seed to COMPILEWITH_CC5 and
see if that helps...  As I recall, the files already mentioned there
made the compiler on VAX behave as described below before I placed
them there.

Bérczi, please try it out and tell me if that changed things.

(
if you wonder, I'm talking about changing the COMPILEWITH_CC5 line
like this:

$ COMPILEWITH_CC5 = ",md2_dgst,md4_dgst,md5_dgst,mdc2dgst," + -
                    "sha_dgst,sha1dgst,rmd_dgst,bf_enc,seed,"
)

Cheers,
Richard

In message <3ef96af20489a34296050fbd5c36ecb901244...@beacon.psc.process.com> on