On 2009.06.01 at 22:05:48 +0800, jazeltq wrote:

>    hello,
>      where can i find the definition of ec_point_st and ec_group_st
>    what i found are:
>    typedef struct ec_point_st EC_POINT;
>    typedef struct ec_group_st
>    111     /*
>    112      EC_METHOD *meth;
>    113      -- field definition
>    114      -- curve coefficients
>    115      -- optional generator with associated information (order,
>    cofactor)
>    116      -- optional extra data (precomputed table for fast computation of
>    multiples of generator)
>    117      -- ASN1 stuff
>    118     */
>    119     EC_GROUP;
>    does anyone know ? thank  you

These are hidden structures. They are defined in the internal include
file ec_lcl.h, which present in the OpenSSL sources, but not included in
the compiled distribution.

Idea is that members of these structures are accessable only from within
libcrypto library.

Users or the library shouldn't look inside these structures, they only
should operate via APIs, declared in the ec.h

API could be incomplete. When dealing with other newer parts of OpenSSL
API (especially EVP_PKEY_CTX API) I've encountered situations where
neccessary API calls are missing. In this case best approach is to
design new API function which provides neccessary functionality and
sumbit a patch.